[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Starting JBoss as non-superuser (root) on Linux

millerdl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 23 08:22:11 EST 2009

Is it possible to start JBoss as a non-root user?  I have tried this and it fails due to permission issues on critical directories.  Do I have have to create a special group permission for JBoss to do something like this?  Or do I have to use some other work-arounds to launch as something other than superuser?  Will applications deploy properly without the JBoss service running as su?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212258#4212258

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212258