[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Confused about: Eclipse, Eclipse WTP, and JBoss; what d

matthewtap do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 23 11:46:46 EST 2009

Thank you both very much for taking the time to reply.

Peter --

I know that this is going to make me sound kind of thick, but hopefully this is allowed in this forum:

I went to the url you provided:
>>     "Tools web site: http://www.jboss.org/tools/  "

and I see that there's lots of stuff there... but I did not see anything that overtly stated it was for getting JBoss and Eclipse to work together.

It may be that there is a name for a tool or other technology that helps do this, but it is named without the word 'Eclipse' in it [or "Eclipse" is an Acronym for which I'm not familiar with].

Without question, that page looks very helpful; and I also followed the link to the movies:
http://docs.jboss.org/tools/movies/

and they look like they could be helpful.  But I don't know enough to know what to look for there.

I can use Eclipse in isolation; and I've gone through the beginning parts of setting up and deploying a simple 'hello world' on JBoss... but I don't know what the process would be to work with them together.

It could be that I'm asking the wrong question, and all I should be doing is completing the work in Eclipse + Eclipse WTP, generating a WAR or EAR, and then using that to deploy in JBoss -- but I guess I'm trying to make sure of the direction I'm heading before I go down one road and find out it was redundant.

I really do appreciate any further assistance that you or anyone can help with --

With best regards,
m.tapping

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212332#4212332

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212332