[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Help with JBOSS Log Configuration

johnloo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 23 14:39:05 EST 2009

I am having a problem re-configuring the JBOSS log files. I am running 4.0.1SP1. I had the log files configured like this, which pretty much is the config supplied by the third-party app vendor:

 <!-- A time/date based rolling appender -->

      <!-- Rollover at midnight each day -->
      <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>

      <!-- Rollover at the top of each hour
      <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH"/>
      -->

         <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n -->

         <!-- The full pattern: Date MS Priority [Category] (Thread:NDC) Message\n

          -->

This produced daily log files, and only a little bit of boot.log output. I decided that I wanted a size-based logging system, so I altered the log4j.xml file to remove the above, and substituted this:

   <!-- A size based file rolling appender   -->

After saving the log4j.xml file, I restarted the JBOSS server. Now, I get no server log files, only a boot.log file that seems to be growing at the rate of 2MB / min.

What am I missing?? Something simple, I'm sure. TIA for the help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212405#4212405

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212405