[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB 3 1.0.0 bundle released with JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA

wolfc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 24 04:31:59 EST 2009

The EJB 3 1.0.0 release that is available for as a plugin for AS 5.0.0.GA has also gone into AS 5.0.1.GA.
"Rajesh Rajasekaran" wrote : JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA has been released and is available for download at
  | http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads/
  |
  | This is the first bug fixing release  http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossProductVersioning release of the JBoss 5.0 series for the Java EE5 codebase that fully complies
  | with the Java EE 5 conformance testing certification requirements. It contains more than 40 bug fixes and
  | improvents as well as addresses the majority of the initial glitches reported by the
  | community since the release of JBoss AS 5.0.0.GA
  |
  | Detailed release notes:
  | https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=663566&group_id=22866
  |
  | Thanks
  | Rajesh
Other than a recent post of someone deprecating the .ejb3 usage, I saw no reply to the .ejb3 usage question. So that function has been removed.

Please open a forum thread here if you spot any problems.

Release Notes for EJB 3 1.0.0-GA (from 1.0.0-Beta10)

** Sub-task
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1243 ] Fix Security Regressions from Revision 71339
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1251 ] Fix "security5" tests
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1609 ] ClassHelper needs privileged blocks for all sensistive operations
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1618 ] Insecure access to getClassLoader in SerializableMethod
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1619 ] Setting permissions in Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptorv2 needs to be done in doPrivileged
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1636 ] SerializableMethod should use PrimitiveAwareClassLoader

** Feature Request
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1437 ] Upgrade -aop.xml files to use JAXB
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1596 ] Improve error message when persistence unit can not be resolved
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1620 ] Allow for configuration of known-issues
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1648 ] Plugin should not export dependencies to consumers

** Bug
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1530 ] MBean 'start' method calls not honouring dependencies
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1622 ] Errors in resolving arrays under JDK6 in SerializableMethod.toMethod()
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1628 ] NullPointerException in ExtendedSessionInvocationHandler
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1630 ] EJBContext of service bean does not implement SessionContext
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1635 ] Resources of type URL defined with annotations don't have resUrl set
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1643 ] SecurityDomain unauthenticatedPrincipal is not honoured
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1646 ] Placeholder
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1653 ] Locking in EJBContainer during start/stop can cause deadlocks and/or IllegalMonitorStateExceptions
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1654 ] BlockContainerShutdownInterceptor does not immediately reject invocations once EJBContainer stop is requested
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1658 ] pecified calling class, [B could not be found for sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1663 ] Authorization/Authentication should not be performed upon lifecycle of @Service beans
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1668 ] Non-existent default business interface(s) for EJB2.x view beans bound to JNDI
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1671 ] CNFE when injecting @Resource of application specific type in an application packaged as EAR with jboss-app.xml classloading configuration
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1675 ] Fix "invoker" test
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1676 ] JBossServiceBeanMetadata must be wrapped in JBossServicePolicyDecorator
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1678 ] Support for Service exposing a management interface and a custom objectName through deployment descriptor isn't working
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1680 ] Async invocation should report the real exception as a cause in ExecutionException
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1681 ] Async invocation only works once
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1682 ] SecurityContext is not propagated on asynchronous calls
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1684 ] Plugin must also install jboss-metadata.jar in client directory
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1688 ] isHomeAndBusinessBoundTogether may return true in presense of no business interfaces

** Task
    *  [ EJBTHREE-655 ] Refactor @Service beans
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1201 ] fix failures/regressions in testsuite
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1328 ] Fixes for build-test.xml
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1574 ] EJB3 Remote Annotation with EJB2.x View - Enhanced Error Message
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1610 ] Remove configurations telling clients to connect to 0.0.0.0 (INADDR_ANY)
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1611 ] Embedded EJB3 POM out of date
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1614 ] Extract out logic to decorate metadata w/ JNDI Binding Policy from EjbMetadataJndiPolicyDecoratorDeployer
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1615 ] Externalize attachment names as a contract away from the deployers themselves
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1616 ] Create a pluggable @EJB Reference Resolver
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1625 ] Create MC Integration Project
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1626 ] Create a ClassLoader capable of loading Primitives
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1639 ] IsLocalInterceptor should no longer support @Deprecated dynamicInvoke to Service Containers
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1645 ] Centralize logic to get at all EJB3 Deployment Units from MainDeployer
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1672 ] Add test support to get JBossMetaData from a collection of Classes
    *  [ EJBTHREE-1679 ] Unsupported: moving of expired messages to another queue

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212544#4212544

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212544