[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: Installation, versions, etc...

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 24 06:59:06 EST 2009

You're right, I should post some version compatibility info.
e.g. JBossAS 4.2.3 --> SpringDeployer 2.1

I'll do it asap, but anyway, thanks for warning me about the confusion. :-)

"tonioc" wrote :
  | I am trying to understand how this thing works, my first basic doubt is:
  | What files should I downloadl:
  |    - I will be using JBoss 4.2.3, Spring 2.5.6
  |    - It's not clear for me what version of SpringDeployer should I download

You should dl this one: SpringDeployer 2.1, jboss-spring-jdk5-2.5.jar

"tonioc" wrote :
  | The second question is:
  |    If the version I download does not contain a .deployer distribution how do I deploy it to Jboss

The .deployer distribution doesn't change for major versions.
It's just META-INF/jboss-service.xml; deployer description
and jboss-spring.jar and of course spring.jar.

Download one of the full .deployer distros, and just change jboss-spring.jar.
As you can see, 2.1 has two versions of it, since 2.0.8 and 2.5.x Spring are not fully compatible wrt SpringDeployer.

"tonioc" wrote :
  | The third question is:
  |    If I need to change spring version, it is enough just changing the jars
  |    (of course not major versions, just for example 2.5.6, 2.5.7)

Sure, it depends on the Spring compatibility.
But micro version changes should be fine.

"tonioc" wrote :
  | Are there any docs aside from the example, where to look for info ?

There is a wiki and this forum.
The idea how this (SpringDeployer) works is described in the article.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212578#4212578

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212578