[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Drools Decision Table - NULL pointer exception when using $p

spbryan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 24 09:58:16 EST 2009

I'm trying to put together a POC using drools decision table in order to determine whether or not we will fully invest in the product.  I am trying to set up a decision table that has a condition that iterates through values added to a cell.

Under a CONDITION column I have a row with the name of the fact followed by a row that states the field name as well as the "in" syntax.  I then use the "$paren" to indicate that I want to populate values from the cells beneath (listed here with values A, B, C)

Policy
policyType in ($param)
"A", "B", "C"

When I refresh the project with the spreadsheet I get a compiler error : Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

If I try to run through the debugger, I can see a generated DRL with the syntax I am looking for:

rule "somerule"

	when
		Policy(policyType in ("A", "B", "C"))
	then