[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: WIP: XForms editor based on VPE

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 24 18:01:24 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : Great to hear you did your xforms editor - got any screenshots ? :)

Sure, I'll put some up on Flickr later tomorrow and post the link here. Heck... I'll write a blog entry about it like the docbook one on planetjbpm (will show up on the aggregated JBoss feeds then.)

Nice thing is that I '(ab)used' the richfaces panel to create the 'switch/case' construct in xforms. what I thought to be the most difficult part eventually was almost the easiest.

anonymous wrote : Figuring out where to navigate is the hard part but here you should be able to reach in and get the DOM

I've already done some of these since e.g. the look (text, date, boolean) is declared on a different element than the input itself. Unfortunately, I could not get XPath to work in my classes (some strange  'not supported errors' from org.w3c classes), So I traverse the tree myself. This has the advantage though that I can use the localName on elements and thus are deprived of xpath/namespace issues.... Love namespaces, hate the way you have to (ab)use it in java xpath

anonymous wrote : but that requires some WTP structured editor knowledge/google search.
Contrary to many posters in forums (fora?)  I know how to use google and examples as documentation. Otherwise I would not have come to where I am now :-)

Thanks for the other pointers. I'll see where I can get. I know where to find you guys if I have questions... :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212775#4212775

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212775