[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: How to Connect hsqldb from eclipse using Servlet or jsp

nanda143kumar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 25 06:01:58 EST 2009

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote : Nanda, not exactly a tooling question plus accessing databases directly from .jsp is a very bad practice.

  | Anyhow can't really help you without knowing what your exception is.
  |
  | My best bet is that you don't have the hsqldb.jar in your classpath.
  |
  | And otherwise accessing databases in java is explained countless places in a step-by-step manner - try following one of those guides/tutorials.

Thanks for ur reply...

yes i can connect it now from java file.........

but on jboss portal i m not able to get the output ...
i need to write using portlet language...

So
my question is Can i connect to database using the same code in the portlet programing...
if not what changes i should do..

please reply

regards
Nanda Kumar