[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Help required in drools

hari.manivannan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 25 08:34:56 EST 2009

I am trying to come up with a commission calculation logic with Drools. I need some help in coming up with the best possible approach.

The commission is calculated based on the location. By location, I mean the city, country and region. Please see the examples below.

Data Setup:

Region,Country,	City,CommissionApplicable
============================
Asia,,,10
Asia,Singapore,,20
,India,Chennai,25

(There are tables which maintain the relationships between region -> Country -> City)

Input=Kualalumpur, Output = 10
Input=Chennai, output = 25
Input=Mumbai, Output=10 and so on.

Can you please let me know how my rule file should look like. I went through a lot of examples but the hierarchial resolution is something that I am not able to implement. Please help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212972#4212972

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212972