[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Freeze and Server killed without any logs

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 26 12:42:24 EST 2009

Yes, it is memory. There is no OutOfMemoryException because it is not the Java heap running out of memory - it is the Linux VM. Looking again at free, I see that you have no swap space. I suspect that the OS is not letting you use that last 9MB of RAM because that is the buffer it needs to let administrators interact with the OS. Thus when the JVM asks for too much memory, the oS is killing it.

I already gave you the information you needed to "fix" this, so here is your pop quiz: what should you try next?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4213472#4213472

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4213472