[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Ejb3 security using properties file

rudreshtcs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 1 22:15:33 EST 2009

Hi,
I am practising the ejb3 programs given in the below url (provided by jboss)

http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-server/tutorial/security/security.html

i have done the same as the above url suggest/even had taken the source code directly from jboss

When i try to run the client,
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: CalculatorBean not bound

this error gets resolved, if i remove the line @SecurityDomain("other")
in the CalculatorBean.java,

and when i try to run the client, i get the following result

[java] Kabir is a student.
[java] Kabir types in the wrong password
[java] 1 + 1 = 2
[java] Kabir types in correct password.
[java] Kabir does unchecked addition.
[java] 1 + 1 = 2
[java] Kabir is not a teacher so he cannot do division
[java] Students are allowed to do subtraction
[java] 1 - 1 = 0

which is wrong, the security roles are not getting applied at all.

I would request to help me in finding the issue

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199138#4199138

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199138