[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Ejb3 security using properties file

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 2 23:23:45 EST 2009

"rudreshtcs" wrote :
  | It is working after server restart, my assumption on jboss was that, we need not restart the server, just create a ejb jar again and deploy.

JBoss caches the roles that have been assigned to a principal. So any changes to roles will not be visible till the cache is flushed. There's a way where the cache can be disabled, but that is not configured by default. So you needed the server restart. I will make a mention of this in a appropriate document for this tutorial.

"rudreshtcs" wrote :
  | Meanwhile, just as every ejb3 beginner, even i have a doubt on calling stateful session bean, the example given for stateful works fine..but it gives the same result when i change the bean to stateless..

The SLSB too maintains a state, but for SLSB, its not guaranteed that multiple method invocations on the same proxy will finally result in a call to the same instance of the SLSB. On the other hand, for a SFSB, multiple invocations on the same proxy are guaranteed to result in a call to the same instance of SFSB.

I do see, for a beginner, it might be better to show a clear difference using some example. Let me see if i can modify the tutorial or maybe add a new one to illustrate this behaviour.

And yes, thanks for your inputs :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199292#4199292

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199292