[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - problems with MD5 encoding

FelixK123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 5 07:16:22 EST 2009

Hey,
does everyone knows why the MD5 encoding with the libary jbosssx is different from the encoding with the java.security.MessageDigest libary?
I use JBoss 4.2.3.GA and JDK 1.6.0_05.
And how can I use the libary from JBoss? I didn't found any method with an returning statement in combination with MD5. That's why I used the JDK libary.

  | MessageDigest md = MessageDigest.getInstance("MD5");
  | 			md5 = md.digest(pw.getBytes());
  |
  | 			//decodieren in base 64
  | 			encoded = new BASE64Encoder().encode(new String(md5).getBytes());

Thank you for any help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199525#4199525

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199525