[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - SQL Exception using PostgreSQL

xevi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 05:31:32 EST 2009

When I start jboss server JBoss Portal 2.7.0 + JBoss AS 4.2.3 (only one zip) configured with PostgreSQL, I allways get the same PSQLException:

11:20:18,153 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.mq:service=PersistenceManager
org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Could not resolve uncommited transactions.  Message recovery may not be accurate; - nested throwable: (org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "TXID")
        at org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.resolveAllUncommitedTXs(PersistenceManager.java:489)
        at org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.startService(PersistenceManager.java:1842)

I think "TXID" must be a reserved word in Postgresql.

Describe your environment:
JBoss Portal Version 2.7.0 (jboss-portal-2.7.0.GA-bundled.zip)
Did you get Portal from Subversion? or download it? I download it
JBoss AS Version 4.2.3
Database Vendor and Version Postgresql 8.3.5
JDBC Connector and Version JDBC4 Postgresql Driver, Version 8.3-604
OS Platform Ubuntu Linux
JVM:
 -  xevi at chaos:~/apps/jboss-portal-2.7.0.GA/bin$ java -version
 -  java version "1.6.0_11"
 -  Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_11-b03)
 -  Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)

I test it using a 1.5 JVM and I the problem was the same. The problem may be in the database lebel, not in java virtual machine.

Whem I log in PostgreSQL, I can see the following tables:

xevi-# \dt
             List of relations
 Schema |       Name        | Type  | Owner