[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Socket Read Timeout on stressing calls for validating pr

vink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 08:21:29 EST 2009

Issue 2:
Using default configuration, i.e no extra parameter to ejb3 connector configuration, many tcp connections on my system shows TIME_WAIT state. If you create a very simple RMI client & place invocation at an interval of 100 ms. And, you like to stress your server with several clients (in my case it extends upto 64).

I can understand the socket limit on windowsbased computer. But, if we see one time input which is 64 clients making 64 simultaneous requests then an efficient server must not consume more than 64 sockets. The other sockets has no caller for which it will wait.

The best use case for SLSB is to open a socket for a request & close it after finish.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199758#4199758

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199758