[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Problem persisting tasks

tangomannn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 14:05:25 EST 2009

Hi, first of all  I want to say that I checked the forum, but I didn't find anything to solve my doubt.

Intro:
I'm creating the process definition in a programmatic way. I create the  ProcessDefinition, then the process Instances, and then I create the tasks dinamically. To create the tasks I have an event "node enter" and createTask = false in the NodeTask.

This is the ActionHandler I use to create the tasks: (I just put the important code)

  | public void execute(ExecutionContext executionContext) throws Exception {
  | JbpmContext jbpmContext = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance().createJbpmContext();
  |
  | TaskMgmtInstance tmi = executionContext.getTaskMgmtInstance();
  |  TaskNode nodeApproval = (TaskNode)executionContext.getNode();
  | //get the only task definited in the processDefinition
  | Task task  = (Task)nodeApproval.getTasks().iterator().next();
  | //taskNumber and user are variables
  | //I instantiate for example 3 task
  | for (int i=0; i<tasksNumber; i++){
  |  TaskInstance newTaskInstance= tmi.createTaskInstance(task, executionContext.getToken());
  |  newTaskInstance.setActorId(user);
  | //THIS IS THE LINE that is not working
  | jbpmContext.getSession().save(newTaskInstance);
  |
  | 		 	}

I have to put that line because if I don't put, the task instance does not save the actor. But the problem is that even if I instance three tasks it only saves one.
If I do this, with an xml (not programmatically) work well.

I had to use
jbpmContext.getSession().save(newTaskInstance);
and not jbpmContext.save( ..); because if I use this one on the close it gives me "object references an unsaved transient instance" exception

any idea, clue?
Thanks
Fernando

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199878#4199878