[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBM Topic Pub-Sub

bdaye42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 16:35:46 EST 2009

Please forgive me for posting what may be trivial questions but I have not found the answers to any questions that I have on the web.

Using the above approach, the consumer that takes active control of the subscription would have to poll to retrieve the messages published while it was offline ( consumer.receive() )?  When disconnected, the MessageListener's asynchronous nature is eliminated.

I am trying to accomplish something pretty simply but I have yet to find a simple solution.  I would like to create message consumers for various topics.  The message consumers will be created upon an HTTP request (the socket will be closed and will not wait).  So, a particular request could generate a couple of message consumers.  What is the correct way to manage them, durable non-durable?  If non-durable, store the message consumers in memory?

As you have noticed, I am a JMS newbie and am not aware of existing patterns.  If you could provide me with external links or examples, that would be very helpful.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199917#4199917

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199917