[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Using remote EJB3 bean from multiple remote versions of Jbos

henk53 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 7 07:02:15 EST 2009

Hi,

I noticed that the Jboss AS client libraries, which are needed for a client to consume among others a remote EJB3 bean hosted by a Jboss AS server, are very specific to a specific version of Jboss AS.

E.g. if my client application has the client libraries for Jboss AS 4.2.2, it can not connect to a remote Jboss AS 4.2.3 instance. Likewise, a client that has the client libraries for 4.2.3 can not access a Jboss AS 5 instance.

Now my question is, what do I do if 1 application needs to access beans in both a Jboss AS 4.2.3 instance AND a Jboss AS 5 instance?

Slightly related to this: is there any way to programmatically detect the version of the client library and the remote server? When there is a mismatch in versions between the client and the server now, I get a very unhelpful bunch of exceptions. I would like to catch these and somehow inform my users about the exact version mismatch. E.g.

"This application has been equipped with the Jboss client libraries for Jboss AS 4.2.2. You are however trying to connect to a Jboss AS 4.2.3 server. Please downgrade your server or upgrade your client libraries"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200052#4200052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200052