[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss 5.0 Taking LONG Time to Start Up

ctf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 7 11:17:10 EST 2009

Hi,

  | ===============================================================================
  |
  |   JBoss Bootstrap Environment
  |
  |   JBOSS_HOME: C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA
  |
  |   JAVA: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin\java
  |
  |   JAVA_OPTS: -Dprogram.name=run.bat -server -Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000
  |
  |   CLASSPATH: C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA\bin\run.jar

For a completely clean & unmodified instance (no apps) of JBoss 5.0, it takes about 1 minute to start.

In Eclipse, using the JBoss plugin, it takes about 2 minutes to start the app using the "Run" command and 3-4 minutes to start in debug mode.

In other words, starting it in debug mode is taking significantly longer.  I guess it should be slower than non-debug mode, but I don't remember the discrepancy ever being this drastic.

Anyway, I guess probably not much I can do about it.. unless you have some ideas.  Thanks again for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200128#4200128

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200128