[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Problems with EJB3 and JBossWS

giordano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 8 07:59:18 EST 2009

Hello everybody,
I have the following problem:

I developed a simple EJB application using JBoss 5.0.0.GA without any upgrading. The EJB application is made by 2 Entity with oneToMany bidirectional relation. I also developed a SLSB to create, delete, get the entity beans. Due to relation Entity Bean 1 contains a list of Entity Beans 2 and Entity Bean 2 contains a reference to Entity Bean 1.
I also developed a simple external client. Through this client I call the SLSB to create some Entity Bean 1 and some Entity Beans 2 and the relationships. Thorough the same SLSB I get all Entity Bean 1 (with all the related Entity Bean 2) and I have no problems. Now I exposed all the methods of SLSB as WS and I created another client for WS. With this client I am able to call all methods except the method that get all Entity Bean 1. I have an error due to bidirectional relationship between the Entity Bean 1 and the Entity Bean 2. I modified the relationship from bidirectional to unidirectional and now I am able to call the method get all Entity Bean 1 from WS Client. Is there one able to explain me which is the problem and if I can solve it?

Thank you very much and bye,
Giordano

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200330#4200330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200330