[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: validatorPingPeriod/Timeout etc. not properly passed fro

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 9 17:10:58 EST 2009

"gsanderson" wrote :
  | but it is hard to be 100% sure.

I know what you mean.  :)

"gsanderson" wrote :
  | It appears the intention of the design is that the caller should populate the Map with all relevant parameters rather than having the remoting layer automatically pull them from the URI

Actually, org.jboss.remoting.Client passes a reference to itself to the ConnectionValidator, which then has access to the Client's configuration map, which includes the InvokerLocator (URI) parameters.  ConnectionValidator will take parameters from the Client's configuration map and from the metadata map passed to Client.addConnectionListener(), with the later taking precedence.  The problem prior to JBREM-1069 "Make ConnectorValidator configure ping period correctly" (https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-1069) was that the single argument version of Client.addConnectionListener() put the default value for "validatorPingPeriod" in the metadata map, which meant that the default value would override the value in the InvokerLocator.  With the fix to JBREM-1069, the value of "validatorPingPeriod" in the InvokerLocator should take effect.  The value of "validatorPingTimeout" should already be taken from the InvokerLocator.

"gaohoward" wrote :
  | This should be a JBM issue. The client configuration parameters is not passed to the ConnectionValidator in jboss remoting, which performs the client ping operation.

As much as I'm happy to put the blame on JBM, I think it's a Remoting issue.  This might be a first.  Ask Tim.  :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200726#4200726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200726