[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Newbie FAQ type question - Where is Admin documentation?

tsu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 10 00:30:51 EST 2009

Thx guys,

I don't know why Google couldn't dig up these pages, I spent a long time searching. Although it shouldn't have hindered my Googling, it would be nice to carry forward some FAQ from version to version or maintain both a "General FAQ" as well as a FAQ for version-specific topics.

When I refer to "Parent Instances," it's a fairly commonly supported feature in other portal architectures (I'll name only 2 -- Dotnetnetnuke and Windows SharePoint). Within a single installation instance, websites should have full capability assigning both completely different FQDNs or as child portals of a parent portal.

Ex.
The existing default JBoss installation seems to fully support child portals where you can create new portals, but each new portal by default is a virtual subdirectory/web of the base URL.

To support multiple "Parent" portals, regardless whether the new portals are subdirectories/children of the default website, each new portal can be assigned a completely different FQDN,likely a completely different registered Domain.

Another way of thinking of this is that supporting child portals only means that it's likely a single installed JBoss instance should support only one company (one FQDN) whereas if you support multiple Parent portals (different Domains) then you might deploy more than one company's website on the single JBoss instance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200748#4200748

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200748