[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Tests for db connection

kejoseph do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 10 18:07:09 EST 2009

Hi,

Can someone tell me the exact difference between check-valid-connection-sql and valid-connection-checker-class-name ? As I understand, the latter was implemented recently and possibly is superior to the former. What I am trying to find out is in what way ? Would it automatically check for database failures and re-create the connection ? Would the developers need to modify their code as well ?

(I know that the valid-connection-checker only has support for Oracle, but that is fine with me as I work with Oracle databases).

-Kevin.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200806#4200806

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200806