[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Tests for db connection

kejoseph do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 11 15:39:22 EST 2009

Thats for the reply Peter. My requirement is simple - I want the db connection to be tested by JBoss prior to handing it over to the application. This is easily achieved by the former check-valid-connection-sql statement.

However, in certain cases (say Oracle package changed and JBoss start's receiving ORA-04062) we need to stop and start JBoss even with the above statement. I am wondering whether replacing it with valid-connection-checker-class-name will help resolve this issue and save us from a restart everytime something on Oracle side changes.

Of course, I will try this out ; but wanted to understand the inner workings before blindly changing it. The documentation is not very detailed in this regard.

Kevin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200845#4200845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200845