[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Microcontainer support in Netty

trustin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 12 13:15:48 EST 2009

"alesj" wrote : "trustin" wrote : BTW, I still didn't figure out how to hide internal beans.  How can I exactly do that?Annotate your bean with @DeploymentScope and @ApplicationScope - via xml or directly on the class. This will move the bean out of main Kernel(Controller) into a scoped one.

  | By default your scoped bean only 'sees' its scope and ancestors. But you can 'change' the lookup order with @Search markup. @Search takes type on how to search - currently only annotation support. But you need to explicitly add SearchAnnotationPlugin - see the tests on how to do it.
OK.  This forum post seem to be related: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=147051  It would be great if there's an easier way to add an annotation plugin without using callbacks though.

"alesj" wrote : "trustin" wrote : I'm also thinking about distributing a minimal JBossMC binary tarball with my tutorial so that a user can play with MC more easily (i.e. untar and drop the sample JARs etc etc).  I think it might help MC adoption because people are really used to just downloading a Tomcat tarball and dropping a WAR and see it working.  We already have something similar in jboss-demos, but I think it needs to be a binary form so that users can familiarize with MC quickly.  I can do this while I write my tutorial.  WDYT?I would add your example directly under mc-demos. Simply create new netty sub-module and hack all the stuff there.

  | See my previous examples on how to do this, following the same concept.
  | Glue code:
  |  - bootstrap
  |  - jmx
  |  - classloading
  | Actual example code:
  |  - models
  |  - ioc
  |  - classpath
  |
  | Then simply link the tutorial to that code. Or even better, write a simple article about it at DZone, could be even part of my MC series - more than welcome to 'host' it.
It's a great idea to host the netty + jbossmc example under jboss-demos.  I'd love to do that once I get a write permission.  I'm not sure if it's a good idea to publish the tutorial as a part of your MC series though because it will be quite a lot about fast protocol prototyping and evolution as well as highlighting some MC features.

Regarding the distribution, my point is to provide a downloadable working binary distribution of embedded microcontainer with HDScanner so that a user can play with it without building it.  jboss-demos already provides everything required to build the distribution except some startup scripts.  For example, Equinox is very easy to play with even for a beginner: http://tinyurl.com/7j97ak

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4201125#4201125

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4201125