[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Microcontainer support in Netty

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 13 05:29:59 EST 2009

"trustin" wrote :
  | It's a great idea to host the netty + jbossmc example under jboss-demos.  I'd love to do that once I get a write permission.  I'm not sure if it's a good idea to publish the tutorial as a part of your MC series though because it will be quite a lot about fast protocol prototyping and evolution as well as highlighting some MC features.

No, I was implying that you should just host the code there.
The tutorial should be a separate effort, perhaps just linking the user to try the stuff via mc-demos example(s).

The article could be a teaser for the tutorial. ;-)

"trustin" wrote :
  | Regarding the distribution, my point is to provide a downloadable working binary distribution of embedded microcontainer with HDScanner so that a user can play with it without building it.  jboss-demos already provides everything required to build the distribution except some startup scripts.
You're the script master, feel free to add them. ;-)

It could be even better if they could be generated via maven,
as it already holds all the info required to run things from IDE,
hence it shouldn't be a huge problem to build the classpath, etc.
(I'm guessing, as I've have no clue what maven can do :-))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4201294#4201294

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4201294