[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Max. Pool size for JmsXA

rana24 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 13 10:39:36 EST 2009

Hi,
We are running our application with JBoss 4.2.3 GA with JBM 1.4.0SP3.
I have just changed my anti pattern ,connection creation code to JmsXA lookup. I could see a great performance improvment.

With default setting i am getting below error. I guess it has something do with default max pool size, which is 20. in hajndi-jms-ds.xml
i.e. <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>

  |  Could not create a session: javax.resource.ResourceException: No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 30000 [ms] )
  | javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create a session: javax.resource.ResourceException: No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 30000 [ms] )
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsSessionFactoryImpl.allocateConnection(JmsSessionFactoryImpl.java:421)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsSessionFactoryImpl.createQueueSession(JmsSessionFactoryImpl.java:145)
  | 	at com.alservices.imaging.export.process.util.AuditUtil.setjobDocResource(AuditUtil.java:281)

I have increased it max-pool-size and i could reduce frequency of above error. Our application does a heavy usage of messaging.
I have  two basic question
1) Above error is because of  low pool size ?
if Yes , what is the max. limit for   max.pool.size
2) If above error is not because of pool size , what could be other reason ?

Thanks in advance.
Hoping for right direction.
Rana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4201429#4201429