[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: jboss 5.0.0.GA and ejb3

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 14 14:21:51 EST 2009

The reason for this is because starting in the 5.0.0.Beta releases we moved jbossall-client to a manifest-only JAR.  This means that instead of repackaging all of the classes in the JARs you mention into one uber-JAR, jbossall-client contains a ClassPath entry in the manifest to point to the relative location of the JARs listed.  Therefore, they're expected to be in the same directory.

As a workaround, you could write a script that does:

mkdir mytempdir
  | for(each JAR listed)
  | { extractContentsInto > mytempdir) }
  | JAR(contentsOf mytempdir)

...and then use your own JAR.

If you feel this makes things unusable/unfriendly, address it on the jboss-dev public mailing list.  We don't want add "bloat" to the distro by repackaging classes, but maybe we could look into adding a script so that users have the option of making their own single jbossall-client.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4201916#4201916

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4201916