[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Cannot create JBP_CMS tables on SYBASE 12.5

ssunkara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 14 19:16:22 EST 2009

After multiple tries and jconn5.jar and hibernate3.jar when I run jboss, it creates all the tables except:

jbp_cms_version_node
jbp_cms_version_prop
jbp_cms_version_refs
jbp_cms_wsp_node
jbp_cms_wsp_prop
jbp_cms_wsp_refs

I keep getting similar error as:

  | 18:34:27,867 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] Unsuccessful: create table jbp_cms_version_node (PK int identity not null, NODE_ID varchar(36) null, NODE_DATA varbinary(100000000) not null, primary key (PK)
  | 18:34:27,867 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] Length or precision specification 100000000 is not within the range of 1 to 16384.

I tried SybaseDialect, Sybase11Dialect and the auto dialect, but I have the same results as:

18:34:27,961 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service portal:service=Hibernate,type=Workflow
  | org.hibernate.HibernateException: Hibernate Dialect must be explicitly set for database: Adaptive Server Enterprise

And

18:34:30,570 INFO  [JCRCMS] JBossCache Version=1.4.1
  | 18:34:30,570 INFO  [JCRCMS] Starting JCR CMS
  | 18:34:30,758 INFO  [RepositoryImpl] Starting repository...
  | 18:34:30,930 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: JZ006
  | 18:34:30,930 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.IOException: JZ0SL: Unsupported SQL type 2004.
  | 18:34:30,945 ERROR [HibernateStore] failed to create folder entry: /
  | org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not insert: [org.jboss.portal.cms.hibernate.RepositoryEntry]

18:34:31,664 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service portal:service=CMS
  | javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to create folder for repository meta data: failed to create folder entry: /: failed to create  folder entry: /: failed to create folder entry: /

And Finally: