[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Code completion, navigation in EL and configuration files

dxxvi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 20 01:40:43 EST 2009

I'm considering JBoss Tools as a replacement for MyEclipse which is very disappointing. I haven't used JBoss Tools before. These are my questions:

1) Does JBoss Tools support code completion/suggestion in EL? For example, I have a JSF-managed bean named `bean'; is there a code completion when I type `<h:outputText value="#{bean.' in a xhtml file?

2) If code completion is supported in EL, does JBoss Tools supports code completion for variables defined with <c:set>? For example with the JSF-managed bean above, if I write `<c:set var="x" value="#{bean}"/>', is there code completion when I type `<h:outputText value="#{x.'?

3) Does JBoss Tools support refactoring in EL? For example, I have a JSF-managed bean named `bean' which has a member variable named `prop1' and getter and setter methods (getProp1 and setProp1); in the xhtml file, I have `<h:outputText value="#{bean.prop1}"/>'; if I change `prop1' to `property1',  will the setter and getter method names change too? and will the `prop1' in EL change to `property1'?

4) If I ctrl+click on a bean name in EL, will I be taken to the bean definition in the faces-config.xml file? And in the faces-config.xml file, if I ctrl+click on the class name, will I be taken to the Java source file?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203108#4203108

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203108