[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: With SSLBisocket is there is java.rmi.server.hostname or

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 20 02:01:44 EST 2009

Hi Ian,

Well, I just ran a test with the InvokerLocator

  | sslbisocket://multihome:7777/foobar/services?datatype=serializable&homes=192.168.2.2:7777!10.11.12.119:7777&serializationtype=jboss

and didn't have any problems.

Looking at the code, in the absence of any explicit parameters, it should be the case that

  | # of server sockets == # of homes == # of connect homes == # of secondary bind ports == # of secondary connect ports.

Could you run your code with TRACE logging for org.jboss.remoting and look for any related messages?

TheNelson" wrote :
  | clients can only attach callback handlers to the one listed in connect_homes.

Just to be sure, note that the parameter should be "connecthomes".

"TheNelson" wrote :
  | What's with the secondary port list?

The motivation for the bisocket transport was to allow the server to connect to the client without having a ServerSocket on the client.  So, the bisocket client creates a "control" connection by connecting to a server side secondary ServerSocket bound to a secondary port, and, when,  the server wants to get a socket connected to the client, it sends a request on the control connection, which causes the client to connect to the secondary ServerSocket to create the socket.  OK so far?  Two more points.

1. There's a secondary ServerSocket, each bound to a secondary bind host/port address, for each "primary" ServerSocket.  The client asks for a list of secondary ServerSockets, and it can attempt to connect to any of them.

2. If there's a firewall between the client and the server, then the server should be configured with a"connecthomes" list. The BisocketServerInvoker will take the hosts from the "connecthomes" list, associate each host with a port from the "secondaryConnectPorts" list (or an anonymous port if there is no configured value for "secondaryConnectPorts"), and create a list of addresses for the client to use to create the control connection.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203111#4203111

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203111