[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - What is the purpose of the Journal files?

Gary Marsh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 20 17:46:44 EST 2009

I have a very simple program that has two classes, both generate JMS messages and both accept each others messages with onMessage() methods.  If I delete all the files that are in my data/journal directory, after startup I find that the program by default generates 400Mgs of journal files (40 files 10Mgs each).  These seem to be defined in the jbm-configuration.xml file at about lines 85 to 94, here is the snippit :

     <!-- 10 MB journal file size -->

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203435#4203435

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203435