[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - So confused, portal's not making any sense.

meetoblivion do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 20 22:05:09 EST 2009

Sigh...

So I'm looking at jb portal as a possible portal system.  It looks good on paper, but in use it seems like it's not doing what i expect.  We're looking for two main things - internal/external content management, and centralized application deployment and integration.  From our organization's standpoint, the CMS part is the bigger need, and more important from a proving ground standpoint.

With that said, I need some help with what should be fairly basic functionality.

I downloaded and installed 2.7 bundled, configured it w/ postgres data source, changed the context path to / and all works fine.  I can go to http://localhost:8080 and see the default portal.  Wonderful.  Registered a third user, perfect! So I had sample admin, user, and developers.

As an admin, I created a second portal called "jimmy."  I changed jimmy's theme, layout and renderset.  I attempt to modify the default page for jimmy, but nothing's there. I can switch to wizard mode to add it, fine.  I decide to look at it in my browser, by going to http://localhost:8080/jimmy and low and behold... it showed me my default portal.  Jimmy is in fact not my default portal.  What gives??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203477#4203477

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203477