[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: file transfer via SOAP and RPC

mendret do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 05:32:40 EST 2009

ok, now I found a relativ good example at
http://jbossws.jboss.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Security_and_attachments_sample#MTOM.2FXOP_newspaper_server
and tried to convert it a bit into real file transfer and not only text, like it is in the example and I tried the following at server side:

  | public EditionMTOM doSomething(EditionMTOM data)
  |    {
  | 	   try {
  | 		   System.out.println(data.getContent().getContentType());
  | 		   InputStream is = data.getContent().getInputStream();
  | 		   InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(is, "UTF-8");
  | 		   char[] buff = new char[10];
  |            isr.read(buff);
  |            isr.close();
  |            is.close();
  |            for (char b : buff) {
  |            	System.out.print(b);
  |            }
  | 		}
  | 		catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
  | 			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  | 		}
  | 		catch (IOException e) {
  | 			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  | 		}
  |
  | 		EditionMTOM edition = new EditionMTOM();
  | 	    edition.setContent(new DataHandler(new FileDataSource("/opt/test2.dat"), "application/octet-stream"));
  | 	    edition.setDate(new Date());
  | 	    edition.setId("test2.dat");
  | 	    return edition;
  |    }

I get some warnings but at all it works until the server tries to send back data, then i get the following exception:

  | org.jboss.ws.WSException: No ByteArrayConverter for class: javax.activation.FileDataSource

My question is now what can I do to make this work?

I'm grateful for every advise you can give me

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203925#4203925

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203925