[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: So confused, portal's not making any sense.

meetoblivion do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 07:52:56 EST 2009

I agree it's common.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the documentation then, because it implies that I should not need the second portal.

Based on what I see here, from the reference manual.

http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.7.1/referenceGuide/html/urls.html

In 7.2 accessing a portal

anonymous wrote :
  |  The default portal is used when no portal is specified. How selection is done:
  |     * /portal/ points to the default page of the default portal.
  |     * /portal/portal-name/ points to the default page of the portal-name portal.

Which implies that when I start up my container from scratch, without changing the context path, I should be able to go to

http://localhost:8080/portal  and get the default.

In addition, the documentation seems to say if I go to http://localhost:8080/portal/jimmy i should be taken to the jimmy portal.  I can accept if you're going to say "no" but maybe the documentation should be clearer?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203985#4203985

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203985