[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Configuring default error page

pa12399 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 11:24:37 EST 2009

Hi

I am using JBoss 4.2.2

I am trying to configure a default error handling, where the error handling component is a servelt, which will simply catch the exceptions which are not caught by the other application servlet and then log it in a specific format.

I have created this entry in server/myapp/deploy/jboss-web.deployer/conf/web.xml

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

<!-- Catch a whole class of errors -->
     <error-page>
                <exception-type>java.lang.NumberFormatException</exception-type>
                /error.ErrorServlet
        </error-page>
</web-app>

The ErrorServlet is under ROOT.war/WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar

But it doesnt seem to be catching the exceptions. Instead I see the exception just getting displayed in server.log

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204069#4204069

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204069