[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: So confused, portal's not making any sense.

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 12:07:44 EST 2009

The whole "why do I need 'portal' twice in my URL?" question was discussed in detail in a topic some time ago. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it - using 'portal' as a search keyword is useless ;-)

Anyway, if I recall correctly, the first 'portal' gets you into the portal container. The second 'portal' distinguishes the request between one for a portal page and something from the CMS ('/portla' vs '/content')

If you really want to let you users use http://hostname:8080/jimmy, then create a jimmy.war containing an index.jsp that redirects to /portal/portal/jimmy. That's what I did for my portal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204076#4204076

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204076