[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: properties file not deployed in WAR

employeeBean do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 23 14:50:19 EST 2009

Right now the properties file is located in the root directory of the war file. the war file is exported from eclipse.

To retrieve a value I use the code:
 if ("true".equals(ConfigRegistry.getProperty("vpweb",
        "security.validate.bks")))

in the properties file (vpweb.properties):
security.validate.bks=true

I use the default server instance. It doesn't matter if I export a new war and put it in the deploy directory or if I change the war file on the spot. When the server is restarted it creates a work and a tmp directory which I have deleted to try to force a deploy of the entire war file.

The best thing would be if the property could be modified by just modifying the properties file and maybe republish the app. The customer wants to change the properties himself so it should be as easy as possible.

Thanks for answering

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204433#4204433

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204433