[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - can't get out on port 80 with JBoss5

jtalafous do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 24 15:10:10 EST 2009

I am migrating a Tomcat 6.0 server on port 80 to become JBoss 5.0.0.GA.  I have successfully compiled JBoss with Java 6 and configured JBoss to run on port 80 with this URL: http://localhost:80 successfully.

However, when I use the ip address given by ifconfig (Ubuntu) on my host such as: http://192.168.1.101:80, JBoss does not respond.

When I take down JBoss and bring back up my original Tomcat 6.0, then http://192.168.101:80 invokes my Tomcat successfully.

And the JBoss will not answer from another host request.

Any ideas?  How can JBoss respond with 127.0.0.1/localhost, but not its host's IP address?  Do you think I should download the binary precompiled JBoss 5?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204545#4204545

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204545