[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Ejb3 sources in zipped form

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 26 13:16:12 EST 2009

"skajotde" wrote : Yes, there are true arguments but I very prefer treat these libraries as part of EJB3 Project. So when EJB3 Project change releases new version there is one number of version.

You can't override logical arguments with preference. :)

"skajotde" wrote : I'm afraid of versioning madness. I know that libraries have virtues but I think they shoudn't introduce additional complex level. Main product is JBossAS which is composed from few projects which you can simply download with sources and try (one version number). Now there will be hundreds libraries. Are you sure there is good solution ?

AS is an integration technology.  To extend your view on a unified version number between the composite and all components would impose that Hibernate, AOP, MC, EJB3, Transactions, etc all have the same version number.  And that imposes that they all have the same release schedule.

In truth AS brings in components to form the whole.  Each project is independently managed.

"skajotde" wrote : Maybe tagging all trunk in svn should come back ?

We've been this route.  It's not sustainable.

ie. Any one change in development will stall everyone else.  What we have now is a solution where each project develops on their own, making releases when stable, then integrating these releases into AS.  Much more stable.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204785#4204785

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204785