[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Performance parameters for JBOSS

kcbraunschweig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 26 17:49:48 EST 2009

I'm running jboss 4.2.1. Here are a few other things you could try:

1. Just go to your server's IP in your browser on port 8080. You should get a default jboss landing page with a link to the jmx-console among others. You may find that you don't have the jmx console loaded.

2. You can also poke at stuff from the command line with twiddle. For starters you can list the objects that are available like this:

  | % twiddle.sh -s localhost serverinfo -l

That will give you a big list of objects. If you want to know about one, get its info like this:

  | % twiddle.sh -s localhost info jboss.system:type=ServerInfo

You'll get a description and a list of Attributes and Operations supported by that object. If you want to actually get the object, try this:

  | % twiddle.sh -s localhost get jboss.system:type=ServerInfo

That object has some memory stats in it so may be interesting to you. My problem now though is that I've found some objects in the list that I can run the "info" command on but not the "get" command and I don't know why. Here's an example:

  | % twiddle.sh -s localhost get jboss:service=Naming
  | 14:48:56,435 ERROR [Twiddle] Exec failed
  | java.io.NotSerializableException: java.lang.reflect.Method
  | 	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1081)

If you figure out any more, I'd be interested. Still new at this also.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204852#4204852

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204852