[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Very strange problem while looking up HAJMS Topic

chtimi2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 28 04:10:47 EST 2009

Ha! Great explanation but that's going to be a big problem for me.

Here is what i do: i implement a TopologyChangeListener that uses the HA MBean notification mechanism to send business commands (serializable command pattern objects) to nodes on topology changes.
And in my case i need to be sure the commands are executed in order, and that one has been processed before the next is executed. That is, synchronously.

I'm going to try your suggestion of executing the command asynchronously on one node to confirm the cause of the problem, but if it really is that, does that mean i can't use the notification mechanism?
And it would be the same with mechanisms like HAPartition.callSyncMethodOnCluster() wouldn't it?

What do think about my work-around with the Interceptor, could i stay like this or is it too dirty?

Also if i understand you right you say that when i go into the @PostConstruct thread i'm not in the same thread that i would be if used an @Interceptor? But i don't get it, in both cases the method seems to be invoked just before the facade method call? The interception is synchronous right?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205149#4205149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4205149