[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Error when starting Jboss after deploying jbossws

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 28 12:04:17 EST 2009

Yes, that is the one for jdk5. It would have been nice if they labeled both downloads, but they didn't.

I feel your pain. On my desktop and laptop at home I am running Vista (at work I run XP - our hardware is so old it doesn't support Vista.)

One other thought - where did you install JDK 5? The installer wants to put it into Program Files. Don't let it! Spaces in the path can confuse certain Java libraries. I installed mine at c:\apps\Java\jdk-1.5.0_16. If you installed into Program Files, you do not have to uninstall and reinstall - instead simply move the jdk-1.5.0_xx directory elsewhere and change JAVA_HOME to the new location.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205330#4205330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4205330