[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: How to put EJB 2.1 Entity + EJB 3 session in signle JAR

apdo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 29 09:01:28 EST 2009

I am currently performing that migration.

During the migration process I have EJB2.1 and EJB3 in the same application. I don't plan to put this 2 ejb types together in production. However, it should work fine.

Migrating only session bean is very simple and work quite fine. However, you will have to put these ejb3 in a separate jar file that your EJB2.1.

When you will migrate you entities, the only problem I see in having both type of EJB is that I don't think you can have managed relationship between EJB2.1 entity and EJB3 entity. Otherwise migrating is going well. To accelerate a little bit the migration process, I have use xslt files created by oracle.

You can find this xslt files at the following location:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/vohra_ejb.html

Hope this will help,

An Phong Do
www.solabs.com