[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Row lock contentions on BPEL_FROM

meghanai_99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 29 12:03:33 EST 2009

Hello,

We are using JBPM 3.2 and BPEL extension 1.1GA. It is using Oracle as backend and running quite a bit of load. We are seeing row lock contentions on BPEL_FROM table a lot. The one query we see multiple times is -

update BPEL_FROM set ELEMENT_=:1 where ID_=:2

After investigating further, we found that due to Hibernate's auto flushmode, BPEL_FROM table records are updated every time flush is called. However the data of these records never change in reality.

After adding the mutable="false" flag on From.hbm.xml file, these queries are not run anymore. However we would like to know if it is safe change to make. Was it by design that the rows get updated everytime or is it a bug and we should create JIRA issue for it?

Thank you,
Meghana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205641#4205641

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4205641