[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Admin role ignored when fetched from LDAP

glwittel-proofpoint do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 29 16:07:16 EST 2009

Hi Oliver,

I think I found the problem (at least on my end).  It looks like something has a hardcoded case-sensitive role 'Admin'.  I tested this by creating a role 'admin'  and adding a user to it.  It was ignored.  When I deleted 'admin' from LDAP and added the role 'Admin', the dashboard showed up.  Based on your log it looks like you have an 'admin' group.

This sounds like a bug.  Its rather annoying as I was hoping to use an alternate role name (e.g. portaladmin).  The documentation indicates that you can do this, but it doesn't work.  Furthermore, it looks like there are many XML files that associate directly with the role 'Admin'.  I tried changing all config files to use my alternate admin name and still could not get the CMS admin dashboard  to show.

I found several fixed Portal bugs surrounding the hardcoded Admin role, but its clear that its not fully fixed.
e.g.
   https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-1733

-Greg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205682#4205682