[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Remoting2 - MC bean for SSL Connector

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 31 20:47:25 EST 2009

Hi Jaikiran,

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | the getInvokerConfigFromServerConfiguration (nor the getInvokerConfigFromXML) is ever called because of the if (locatorURI == null) condition never being satisfied.

Yes, that's true.  Section 5.1.1.1. "Programmatic configuration." of the Remoting Guide (http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting/docs/guide/2.5/html/index.html) says "If the Connector gets an InvokerLocator, it ignores the presence of the xml document."  I had though there was something like a boldface warning, though.

I can see that it's reasonable to accept parameters from multiple sources, with some policy for priority.  But, since Remoting 2 isn't really in development any more, I'd rather just escalate the warning in the Guide and log a WARNING message.  I probably should have done that already.  Would have saved you from slogging through the code.

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | Since the Connector is now a MC Bean, it doesn't have a reference to the MBeanServer

Ah, I didn't think of that.  Adding the annotation

  | <annotation>@org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMX(name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,transport=socket3843,handler=ejb3",exposedInterface=org.jboss.remoting.transport.ConnectorMBean.class,reg
  | isterDirectly=true)</annotation>

to the Connector bean should register it as an MBean, and, I suppose, pass in the MBeanServer reference.

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | I was just curious in using the MC Bean version, so started looking at it.

Excellent.  Welcome to JBoss.  :)

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4206081#4206081

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4206081