[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Passing LDAP-authenticated users from Apache to JBoss

dickson1888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 1 21:52:32 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Refer to "dan957" setup for authentication, I confuse about his setting. I can setup basic authentication with using LDAP in apache (front end). If no authentication setup in JBoss, how can I secure the JBoss web server even thought I get the remote user name from apache. Anyone can directly call JBoss with using the URL in their bookmark. Any trick???????

For my target setup

End User ---> (one server with apache and JBoss)
                     Apache with proxy to JBoss

                      JBoss with LDAP
                      (set IP control, only accept localhost request)

Any comment/suggestion? I still stuck in using LDAP authentication in JBoss!!!!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241323#4241323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241323