[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Message bridge performance in WAN

jjacobwip do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 2 06:28:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

We have an ActiveMQ queue which gets posted with 65K+ messages in an hour. These messages needs to be transfered over the WAN to a local queue created in Jboss messaging. We have created a message bridge for this where the source of the bridge is the Remote ActiveMQ queue and target is a local Jboss messaging queue.

We are seeing a very low performance here where in only 1000 messages are reaching the local queue in 1 minute. MaxBatchSize is set to 50 and MaxBatchTime is set to 1.

The question is -

1. How does MaxBatchSize work? Will the bridge pick up all 50 msgs and transfer it over WAN or will it transfer the messages one by one over the WAN and create a batch and send it to the local queue?

2. How can we get a better performance? We know that n/w speed is an important factor here and we are working on it, but just wanted to know if there is any configurations which we can tweak to get a better performance.

Env:
JBoss 5.0.1
Jboss Messaging 1.4.1 GA

Message Bridge Config:

anonymous wrote :
  | <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.bridge.BridgeService"
  |             name="com.nordpool:service=Bridge,name=BridgeFromOM"
  |             xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Bridge-xmbean.xml">
  |
  |             jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=ActiveMQJMSProvider
  |
  |             jboss.messaging:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=JMSProvider
  |
  |             inbound
  |
  |             queue/LocalQueue
  |
  |             xx
  |
  |             xx