[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassCastException

ravendra.gupta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 3 05:06:18 EDT 2009

Thanks Wolfgang Knauf !!

This problem was solved now that was  due to Classloader. issue
the scenario is,I have Mbean application runing in its own classloader isolation scope and  ejb 3.0  ear running in own.  Mbean Application is calling bean from ejb ear. but since in ear-deployer.xml the CallByValue and Isolated  attributes were set to false that was the exact problem, when I switched those and CallByValue  attribute in  Jboss-service.xmls' to true  Mbean application is able to call  bean but now I have new problem as side effect in ejb application I am calling another bean  using Local Interface that was not working. could you please help why it would not be able to call Local inteface of ejb reside in same ear

in response of your question

My Client is an Mbean application that reads data files from one directory then transform  and validate that data using Jboss rule engine(this running in its own class loader scope)  Mbean application  contains ejb-client.jar that contains remote and other classes

DataLoaderThread.java(Client)

> [...]
  |                             //TODO contactCache is just dummy classes need to be chagend with real implemntation
  |                             contactVO.setValidationTimestamp(new Date());
  |                             contactCache.push(contactVO);
  |
  |                             if (logger.isInfoEnabled() && nextInfoTime < System.currentTimeMillis()) {
  |                                 nextInfoTime += 5000;
  |                                 logger.info("Number of contacts processed until now: " + numberOfContacts);
  |                             }
  |                         }
  |
  |                         rawZipStreamIterator.close();
  |
  |                         if (contactCache.getErrorPercentage() > ERROR_PERCENTAGE) {
  |                             //TODO where we have to go from now
  |                         } else {
  |                             if (logger.isInfoEnabled()) logger.info("Starting to save contacts to the database.");
  |                             ContactFacade contactFacade = ContactFacade.getInstance();
  |
  |                             int saveCounter = 0;
  |                             int saveErrorCounter = 0;
  |                             int saveOkCounter = 0;
  |                             while (contactCache.hasMore()) {
  |                                 saveCounter++;
  |                                 ContactVO contact = contactCache.pop();
  |                                 try {
  |                                     contactFacade.saveContact(contact);
  |                                     saveOkCounter++;
  |                                 } catch (Exception e) {
  |                                     saveErrorCounter++;
  |                                     logger.error("Could not save contact no. " + saveCounter, e);
  |                                 }
  |                             }
  |                             logger.info("Tried to save " + saveCounter + " contacts. " + saveOkCounter + " were saved, " + saveErrorCounter + " failed");
  |                         }
  |
  |                         if (logger.isInfoEnabled())
  |                             logger.info("Raw file processed. Total number of contacts: " + numberOfContacts + "." +
  |                                     " Execution Time: " + (System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) / 1000L + " sec.");
  |
  | //  TODO: update raw file archive, to set the time, when the processing of this file was completed.x
  | //  TODO: update the marker for this data producer, that a new total error list is to be produced
  |
  |                     }
  |
  |                     zipHandler.close();
  |                     zipHandler = null;
  |                     FileUtils.delete(file);
  |
  |                 } catch (DataLoaderException t) {
  |                     logger.error("DataLoaderThread[" + this.getName() + "] execute error", t);
  |                 } finally {
  |                     if (zipHandler != null) {
  |                         zipHandler.close();
  |                     }
  |                 }
  |             }
  |         } catch (InterruptedException e) {
  |             logger.info("DataLoaderThread[" + this.getName() + "] stopped");
  |         } catch (Error error) {
  |             isRunning = false;
  |             logger.error("Severe error in the worker thread [" + this.getName() + "]. The thread terminates", error);
  |             throw error;
  |         } catch (Throwable t) {
  |             isRunning = false;
  |             logger.error("What happend?  ... we got an unexpected Exception in the worker thread [" + this.getName() + "]. The thread terminates", t);

RuleEngineBean. java(EJB-Bean)

  | @Stateful(name = "RuleEngine")
  | public class RuleEngineBean  implements  RuleEngineRemote,  RuleEngine{
  |
  |     private static final Logger logger= Logger.getLogger(RuleEngineBean.class);
  |     private RuleBase ruleBase = null;
  |     /**
  |      * @param contactVO to be validated against rules
  |      * @return ContactdVo populated with ruleId and Error Source object
  |      */
  |     public ContactVO processContact(ContactVO contactVO) {
  |         try {
  |             StatelessSession session = ruleBase.newStatelessSession();
  |             session.execute(contactVO);
  |             return contactVO;
  |         } catch (Throwable ex) {
  |             logger.fatal("Severe error while processing ContactVo rule", ex);
  |             throw new EJBException("Fatal error while parsing rule");
  |         }
  |     }
  |      @PostConstruct
  |     private void getRuleBase(){
  |         try {
  |             ruleBase = new RuleBaseBuilder().getRuleBase();
  |         } catch (RuleParserException ex) {
  |             logger.error("Rule Parser Exception while initializing Rulebase");
  |             throw new EJBException(ex);
  |         }
  |     }
  |
  |     /**
  |      * parse rule  as per Drools rules 4 format
  |      * @param ruleDefinitionVO RuleDefinitionLite
  |      * @return RuleDefinitionErrorVO if any error found else null
  |      */
  |     public void parseRule(RuleDefinitionVO ruleDefinitionVO) throws RuleParserException{
  |
  |             new RuleParser().parseRule(ruleDefinitionVO);
  |
  |     }
  |
  |     /**
  |      *  clears Cache of RuleBase in Rule Engine
  |      */
  |     public void clearCache() {
  |         try {
  |             new RuleBaseBuilder().clearCache();
  |         } catch (Throwable ex) {
  |             logger.fatal("Severe Error while clearing RuleBase cache", ex);
  |             throw new EJBException("Fatal error while clearing RuleBase cache");
  |         }
  |     }
  | }
RuleBaseBuilder class used by RuleEngineBean and Call another bean Using Local interface and gives error

  | public class RuleBaseBuilder implements Serializable {
  |
  |     private final static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(RuleBaseBuilder.class);
  |     private static final RuleBaseCache cache = new RuleBaseCache();
  |
  |     /**
  |      *  getRuleBase method builds and returns rulebase
  |      * from cache if available, else buils and returns new rule base
  |      *
  |      * @return RuleBase with all rules
  |      */
  |     public RuleBase getRuleBase() throws RuleParserException {
  |        RuleBase ruleBase = cache.getRuleBase();
  |         if (ruleBase == null) {
  |             ruleBase = buildRuleBase();
  |             cache.putRuleBase(ruleBase);
  |        }
  |         return ruleBase;
  |     }
  |
  |     /**
  |      * Clears cache
  |      */
  |     public void clearCache() {
  |         cache.remove();
  |     }
  |

  |     private RuleBase buildRuleBase() {
  |         List<RuleDefinitionVO> list = this.getDBRules();
  |         RuleBase rb = RuleBaseFactory.newRuleBase();
  |
  |         for (RuleDefinitionVO ruleVO : list) {
  |
  |             try {
  |                 if(ruleVO.getId()<=100000){continue;}
  |                 rb.addPackage(new RuleParser().buildPackage(ruleVO));
  |
  |             } catch (Exception e) {
  |                 //todo MUST FIX deside what todo if some rules failed to load in memory
  |                 Rule rule=new Rule(ruleVO) ;
  |                 logger.error("Rule:"+ rule.getId() + " can't loaded to memory " + e.getMessage());
  |             }
  |         }
  |         return rb;
  |     }
  |
  |     private List<RuleDefinitionVO> getDBRules() {
  |         RuleManagerLocal manager = getRuleMangerLocal();
  |         List<RuleDefinitionVO> list = manager.getAllRules();
  |         logger.debug("Downloaded Rules from database");
  |
  |         return list;
  |     }
  |     /**
  |      * TODO  refactoring
  |      */
  |     public RuleManagerLocal getRuleMangerLocal() {
  |         try {
  |             return (RuleManagerLocal) new InitialContext().lookup("lpr/RuleManager/local");
  |         } catch (NamingException e) {
  |             throw new LPRException(LPRErrorCode.SYSTEM_INTERNAL_ERROR, "Failed to get RuleManagerRemote", e);
  |         } catch (Throwable t) {
  |             throw new LPRException(LPRErrorCode.SYSTEM_INTERNAL_ERROR, "Failed to get RuleManagerRemote", t);
  |         }
  |     }
  | }

exception stack trace